La Estancia La Península is one of the most beautiful ranches in Patagonia thanks to its incredible surrounding nature. It is only accessible by boat, which makes it a quiet place for visitors and animals. By having both the sea and the land it has a great diversity of flora and fauna. We invite you to live and learn how life is on a Patagonian ranch and get a unique and authentic experience being part of our vision of sustainable farming and tourism. Ride white criollo horses to the Balmaceda Glacier lookout, enjoy a guided birdwatching tour, and watch a live sheepdog herding demonstration.
• Cross the Señoret Channel by boat
• Enjoy a Patagonia Lamb Asado (BBQ)
• Authentic Ranch Experience
• Chose from a variety of unique activities
• Perfect for guests with limited time in Natales
*Please note that this activity are subject to change due to weather conditions or unexpected circumstances beyond our control, but we will try our best to keep them unaltered.
$221 per person
Start / End
NO MIN OR MAX
Transfer to Puerto Bories - Navigation of Last Hope Sound - Guided Estancia Experience - Return to Puerto Natales
From Puerto Natales, travel along the coastline to Puerto Bories, a 10 minute transfer where you embark to set sail at 9AM to the Antonio Varas Peninsula where the estancia is located. After a 40 minute boat navigation through the Last Hope Hope and Señoret Channel you arrive to the impressive scenery where the estancia is situated. Greeted by an assortment of teas, coffee, local fried breads and regional marmalades & jams, you will feel warm and welcome as you bask in the landscape and wildlife surrounding the ranch. Choose between 3 outdoor adventures of 2 hours:
- Horseback riding: Our white horses will take you safely through the surroundings to explore the area. We will be riding through the pampas, lenga forest, and the coast. This ride will take us to the viewpoint of the Balmaceda Glacier. When returning we will enjoy bird watching along the coast.
- 4x4 off Road: From the estancia, we go to one of the peaks of Cerro Ballena (Whale Hill). During the first part of the route, we will cross a typical ñirre forest where a great variety of birds and rabbits live. At the summit, there is an incredible 360-degree view of the fjords and mountain ranges. Fossils can be found here as well!
- Guided walk and bird watching: Thanks to the variety of nature and tranquility there are many types of birds to observe. The guide will explain about the flora, fauna, and history of the estancia.
Lamb Barbecue & Sheepdog Demonstrations
After your estancia activity, experience the artful tradition of a typical Patagonia Lamb Asado. Fresh regional sides dishes, cold Austral beers, local wines, & exquisite desserts - all shared with great company. Vegetarian options are always available for those with special dietary needs or restrictions.
After a plentiful and delicious lunch, watch the trusted working sheepdogs demonstrate how they herd their flocks. We make our way to the historical estancia barn, were you will see firsthand how the sheep is sheared with a delicate and skillful hand. Learn about the process of wool and how it is classified. After the last photos and views are enjoyed, board the boat that will take you back across the Last Hope Sound arriving to Puerto Natales around 16:30hrs.
- Round-trip Transportation to Puerto Bories from Puerto Natales
- Round-trip Navigation to Estancia
- Outdoor excursion & activities
- Certified English Speaking Guide
- BBQ Lamb Asado
- Insurance of any kind
- Personal items for excursion
- Gratuities for Guide
$221 per person
Start / End
NO MIN OR MAX
Dates & Prices
PRICES FOR SEASON 2020/2021: (Valid until April 2021)
Price Per Person: USD$ 221
DEPARTURE UPON REQUEST
*Ask our trip specialists for extended itineraries at the Estancia
BOOK NOW! Travel Later
Book now, Travel Later gives our guests the flexibility to reserve with a reduced deposit now for their program of choice during our 2020/21 season with our updated booking and cancelation terms. Choose any departure date prior to the end of the season on April 30th, 2021 (subject to availability).
Review our full terms and conditions here!