La Estancia La Península is one of the most beautiful ranches in Patagonia thanks to its incredible surrounding nature. It is only accessible by boat, which makes the ranch a quiet place for visitors and animals. By having both the sea and the land we have a great diversity of flora and fauna. We invite you to live and learn how life is in a Patagonian ranch and get a unique and authentic experience being part of our vision of sustainable farming and tourism. Horseback ride to the Balmaceda Glacier Lookout, enjoy a guided birdwatching tour, and watch a live sheepdog herding demonstration.
• Cross the Señoret Channel by Boat
• Enjoy a Patagonia Lamb Asado (BBQ)
• Authentic Ranch Experience
• Start and finish in Puerto Natales – no need to stay in the park
• Perfect for guests who can´t complete the W Trek or who have little time to spend in Torres Del Paine
*Please note that this activity are subject to change due to weather conditions or unexpected circumstances beyond our control, but we will try our best to keep them unaltered.
We set sail at 9 am from Puerto Natales to the Antonio Varas peninsula where the estancia is located. Upon arrival, some tea/coffee and local fried bread and marmalade will be served. Then it's time for the first estancia activity where you can choose between 3 outdoor adventures of 2 hours:
- Horseback riding: Our white horses will take you safely through our surroundings to explore the area. We will be riding through the pampas, lenga forest, and the coast. This ride will take us to the viewpoint of the Balmaceda glacier. When returning we will enjoy bird watching along the coast.
- 4x4 off Road: From the estancia, we go to one of the peaks of Cerro Ballena (Whale Hill). During the first part of the route, we will cross a typical ñirre forest where a great variety of birds and rabbits live. At the summit, there is an incredible 360-degree view of the fjords and mountain ranges. Fossils can be found here as well.
- Guided walk and bird watching: Thanks to the variety of nature and tranquility there are many types of birds to observe. The guide will explain about the flora, fauna, and history of the place.
LAMB BARBECUE AND SHEEPDOG DEMONSTRATIONS
After the activity, lunch will be served: Patagonian roasted lamb barbecue with a free bar and a dessert (there is a vegetarian option).
Afterwards, we will see the demonstration of the sheepdogs and how they herd the sheep. At the shed, we show you how a sheep is sheared and you will learn about the process and how the wool is classified.
PRICES FOR SEASON 2019/2020: (Valid until April 2019)
1- 8+ guests: USD$ 221 per person
DEPARTURE UPON REQUEST**