There’s just something about penguins. Their sliding, waddling, preening and socializing is endlessly enchanting. Get your penguin fix on this half-day excursion to Isla Magdalena, one of only three Magellanic penguin rookeries in Tierra del Fuego.
• Boat Ride Across the Strait of Magellan
• Chance to See Dolphins, Albatross, Skuas & Cormorants
• See Penguins & Sea Lions Up Close!
• Home to Tens of Thousands of Magellanic Penguins
• Return Transportation, Boat Trip, Entry Fee and Snack Included
• Great Extension for Those Passing Through Punta Arenas or With Limited Time
Half-day program: Visit Isla Magdalena
This protected island is an important breeding ground for many species of sea bird, though most notably its estimated 60,000 plus mating pairs of Magellanic penguins.
A private transfer will drive you from your hotel to the local outfitter’s office, from which point you’ll be taken to the dock to board a boat to Isla Magdalena through the Strait of Magellan.
While on board you may see dolphins, albatross and cormorants.
Visiting Isla Magdalena is a treat for the eyes and ears as the scattered penguins totter and sway, continually calling to each other.
You’ll walk a path that winds between their burrows and provides ample opportunities to photograph these charming little tuxedoed creatures.
The colony is present between September and March and swells to its largest number of birds in January, while in February visitor will see fully-grown chicks at their fluffiest while they wait for their adult feathers to come in.
You’ll return to Punta Arenas around 12:30 pm and a shuttle service will drive you back to the outfitter’s office.
- Return Transportation to Punta Arenas
- Round-Trip Boat Navigation
- Entry Fee to Natural Monument “Los Pingüinos”
- Personal Expenses
- Insurance of Any Kind
$New Season Pricing to Come!
Start / End
NO MIN OR MAX
Dates & Prices
PRICES FOR SEASON 2022/2023: (valid until March 2023)
Price Per Person: NEW SEASON PRICING TO COME!