OverviewEstancia Bahía Esperanza invites those who are seeking a secluded atmosphere in a remote, untouched Patagonia landscape. With various activities to enjoy just outside of Puerto Natales, this relaxing waterfront country home and ranch is one of Patagonia's most private and exclusive estancias. Year round experiences welcome guests to enjoy horseback riding, bird watching, cycling, moon tours, or hiking along remote trails. Others desire this location simply for their immaculate orchards and gardens - spending the day harvesting food to share a delicious lunch or dinner together as family, friends, or among special groups. Trip highlights • Navigate Across the Señoret Channel • Welcome Breakfast in Waterfront Country Home • Various Active Travel Experiences in Remote Patagonia Wilderness • Impressive Views of Torres del Paine & the Patagonia Ice Fields • Locally Prepared Meals Harvested from On-Site Orchards & Gardens • Perfect for Guests with Limited Time in Natales • Optional Extensions & Country Home Rental for Private Groups or Retreats DOWNLOAD YOUR MAPS: • PUERTO NATALES • MAGALLANES & ANTARCTIC REGION
Transfer to Puerto Consuelo - Boat Crossing to Estancia - Welcome Greeting & Guided Estancia Experience - Return to Puerto Natales
From Puerto Natales, a private transport takes you along the beautiful coast of Puerto Natales to Puerto Bories or Puerto Consuelo (depending on daily weather conditions) where you embark on a 15 minute boat transfer to the estancia's dock. Upon arrival, guests are warmly greeted at the waterfont estancia home, settled along the quiet shores. Entering this modern and luxurious country lodge, a sense of relaxation and wonder fills the senses of those searching for peace and quiet in the Patagonia wilderness. Guests can choose from various experiences during their time at the estancia. After finishing your excursion, return inside to relax among wonderful company in this waterfront lodge where a freshly prepared lunch harvested from the estancia's orchards and gardens, is served family style. After a cheerful farewell, return by boat to the port and later by private transfer back to Natales.
Included Activities to Choose From:
- Along the Coast & Esperanza Bay Lookout (Horseback or Bike Ride - Low Difficulty, 1.5 hour ride): Travel across the ranch and pastures enjoying local flora & fauna riding to the foot of Cerro Ballena. Return along the coastline enjoying the incredible views of the Ultima Esperanza Fjord & Patagonian Ice Fields.
- Exploring the Hidden Lagoon (Horseback and/or Trekking - Low Difficulty, Full or Half Day): On this excursion you can enjoy the magic of the flora and native fauna through the beech forests. At the end of the circuit enjoy a small lagoon hidden among the forest and peat bogs and witness breathtaking views of the Moore Mountains and Cerro Ballena (Whale Mountain).
- The Two Lookouts (Horseback or Trekking - Low Difficulty, 1.5 Hours): This gentle walk or low difficulty ride through ñirre forests offers a wonderful variety of native birds as guests follow a path along the upper cliff ridge where guests can see the spectacular Ultima Esperanza fjord, the Eberhard fjord and Puerto Natales.
- Exploring the Condor Roosts of Mount Ballena (Horseback and/or Trekking - High Difficulty, Full Day): Crossing from the heart of the estancia, begin the ascent to Cerro Ballena which offers magnificent views of the Ultima Esperanza fjord, Canal Señoret, lagoons of the Moore Mountain Range, Puerto Natales, and the Southern Patagonia Ice Fields. Arriving to the summit, admire the triumphant flight of condors.
- Around the Estancia (Horseback Ride - Medium Difficulty, 6 Hour Ride/Full Day): A beautiful ride around the contours of the ranch, where guests can appreciate the flora and fauna full of wildlife and various birds, animals and insects. During the journey, cross ancient forests which remain almost unexplored and pampas with beautiful 360 degree views of the fjords, islands and snowy mountain peaks.
- Hike to Eagle Lookout (Low Difficulty, 1 Hour): This hike is perfect for those who do not want to do a lot of physical effort. During the journey, you will be able to observe and enjoy the views of the glaciers, fjords, Puerto Natales, and on clear days - even the majestic Torres del Paine. On windy days, you can admire the eagles (and sometimes condors) that fly over the coasts' edge.
- The River of the Señoret Canal (Cycle, Hike, or Horseback + Bird Watching - Low Difficulty, 1.5 Hours): Departing from the center of the estancia along a wide path heading south of the Señoret canal, we will be able to appreciate a large number of birds that take advantage of the calm of the bay to shelter from the harsh Patagonia wind. Enjoy the ñirre forests with an addition of the wonderful view to the Canal Señoret, the city of Puerto Natales and Mount Dorotea. On the return we can see the hanging glaciers of the high altitudes, and on clear days we can admire the incredible views of the Paine massif.
- Exploring the Millenial Forests (Trekking or Horseback Ride, Low-Medium Difficulty, 2 Hours): Leaving from the center of the ranch, we enter the lenga & ñirre forests. This excursion is perfect if you want to feel the forest, hear the sounds of its birds, sense the aromas, and see the wonder of its landscapes. During the journey, you can have incredible views of the hanging glaciers as they rest high on the mountain peaks.
- Round-trip Transportation to Puerto Bories/Port Consuelo from Puerto Natales
- Round-trip Navigation to Estancia
- Welcome Breakfast (Teas, Coffee, Fresh Local Breads)
- Bird Watching Excursion
- Outdoor Excursion & Activities (Horseback with All Professional Riding Gear, Mountain Bikes & Helmets)
- Certified English Speaking Guide
- Patagonia Style Lunch (Lamb BBQ, Salads, Non-Alcoholic Drinks)
- Insurance of Any Kind
- Personal Items for Excursion (trekking poles, etc.)
- Gratuities for Guide
$220 per person
Start / End
NO MIN OR MAX
Lodge Bahía Esperanza
A secluded country home equipped for an exclusive Patagonian experience. This waterfront lodge can only be booked on a whole-house, all inclusive service basis, thus ensuring privacy and exclusivity for couples, groups of friends or families. 120 square meters of fully-equipped house with living and dining area, 3 spacious bedrooms (9 beds total), plus 2 bathrooms sit surrounded by the quiet Patagonia wilderness with tremendous views of the channels and fjords.
Dates & PricesPRICES FOR SEASON 2020/2021: (Valid until April 2021) Price Per Person: USD$ 220 per person DEPARTURE UPON REQUEST *Ask our trip specialists for extended itineraries or private rentals at the estancia